Sunday, May 5, 2013

On why I haven't been blogging


Wow! It seems like forever since I’ve written. What has been happening with me? Someone pointed out to me that I am someone who doesn’t just like things, but I apparently obsess about the things I like. Well, I admit that that is at least partly true. And what I have been obsessed with of late is learning to play guitar, taking my guitars apart and putting them back together, building a display case for them, reading about some very talented guitarists, learning about guitar construction, etc. I guess I can get carried away – but I enjoy every second of it! It is such a buzz at the stage I am now, and one day it may fade, but at the moment it is so fun to let my curiosity and enthusiasm carry me away.

But that’s not all I’ve been doing, of course. I’ve had difficulties with some of my interpersonal relationships, with my previous job, with money, but I figure that in the big picture I am actually quite blessed and none of that stuff is worth giving up my momentum for. I choose not to remain stagnant. I have so much, and the most valuable thing anyone possesses is our potential – and I’m not forgetting that!


No comments:

Post a Comment